How to ignite your Google+ listing the simple way
Google+ has so far not been taken overly serious by businesses looking to market their products and services. This is swiftly changing! Google+ has positioned itself beautifully to challenge Facebook as a major social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and more than 925,000 people join Google+ each day! Put together all of the functionality of your Google account, and massive search engine benefits, you’ve got something we can get serious about.
How to apply your Google+ Local listing
Confused about how to use Google+? Never fear – use these to begin!
- Complete your Google+ profile – Give this some thought as you do it. Use interesting photos and images, and make sure you link out to your other social media accounts.
- List your contact information – Include hours of operation, your contact details, as well as maps and directions.
- Link to your blog or site – You should definitely link to your main business blog or site. This will provide added traffic and a great backlink.
- Create your business page –You can produce content of any length, including video. This has strong benefits for search results as well as for people who find you on Google+.
- Link to your other content – Link out to your blog posts. In addition to having them indexed nearly instantly, this also has a number of SEO advantages. You can also use your Google+ page to create posts, complete with multimedia that can link to your pages elsewhere. The possibilities are staggering.
- Utilize the Direct Connect feature – This Google+ tool permits people to add you to circles when they come across you in search. Similar to a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – This one is very useful. Any time you conduct a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. Then you’re able to upload to YouTube if you wish, thus creating more useful content. One terrific method to use these is to make impromptu product demos.
This is just the start of what’s possible with Google+. To find more strategies along with a very cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.