How to Use Mobile Devices to Make Money for Your Business
More and more people are accessing the web using their mobile devices, and if you’re not at least mapping out a mobile strategy for your business to secure a piece of this, you’re leaving a lot of cash for another business. Over half of all local searches are executed on mobile devices of some type. People are doing business on the go, shopping and price checking on the way to a store. You just need to ensure that it’s yours! Here are five ways to make this happen!
- Get your site mobile ready – Making sure your site is viewable on any mobile device is a mandatory first step. The main focus here is on a fast loading site. It has been established that you’ve got about five seconds for your site to load on a mobile device or your viewer is on their way to someplace else. Make certain your site loads quickly and accurately.
- Offering deals, coupons and incentives to readers – 29% of consumers indicate a readiness to download a coupon from their mobile device. Take them up on it! Currently, only 10% of consumers have gotten a coupon from a local merchant, based on a poll from Mercator Advisory Group. It’s time to get out in front of this trend and stake your claim!
- Buy inexpensive mobile advertising – Mobile paid ads are still the new kid on the block, there is however a substantial amount of opportunity with these. Pricing is still quite low, and you could get a boatload of targeted traffic to your site rapidly.
- Create a loyalty program – Using a mobile platform to initiate a loyalty program is an idea that is no longer just used by restaurants. You can create rabid fans by having a simple, easy to use digital loyalty card app operates entirely on their mobile device. An excellent way to reward regular customers.
- Capitalize on mobile email and SMS – Mobile email is currently being opened at a rate of 41%, and is on schedule to surpass the PC by the end of 2013, as outlined by MarketingLand.com. SMS (texting) offers an incredible 95% open rate. These two statistics alone ought to be incentive enough to get your small business seriously involved in the mobile side of things!